Tank Roar commits to do its best to publish accurate information across all of its content. We take many steps to ensure accuracy:
- We investigate claims with skepticism; question assumptions; challenge conventional wisdom; confirm information with subject-matter experts; and seek to corroborate what sources tell us by talking with other informed people or consulting documents. History in it’s very nature is open to interpretation and we may on occasion generate discussion within the community as to accuracy. As such we will endeavor to list all sources whenever such controversy exists.
- We verify content, such as technical terms, stats, etc., against source documents or make clear who is providing the information.
- We may share relevant components of a story with a primary source or an outside expert to verify them.
- We stand by the information as accurate, and if it’s not, we will change it as quickly as possible and be transparent with our readers about the magnitude of the error.
- We guide our authors to ask the following questions when they double-check information in a quest for the truth.
- How do you know?
- How can you be sure?
- Where is the evidence?
- Who is the source, and how does the source know?
- What is the supporting documentation?
We welcome feedback from our readers and sources regarding the information that we publish. Please email us at [email protected] if you think we have made an error.